9.13.2008

Graham Slick embarasses me with generosity

One of my deep people Graham Slick embarrassed me with his generosity last night. Not only did he kick in a little for the cause but he also put up a sweet webpage to help spread the word about this project. (Thank you, Graham. YOU are awesome.) He even decked it out with some images from his Inktank (Fall In) series, which is among my favorite works of his as an artist.

It's his birthday this Sunday and he's in a show that day at Supreme Trading, so give him a shout out or come see us this weekend at the gallery. Here's what he says about the event:

THIS IS MY BDAY PART.... MY BDAY SUNDAY SEPT 14TH
I'm in a little show opening on Sunday Sept 14th aka MY BIRTHDAY!!!! at Supreme Trading in Williamsburg off the Bedford L stop. 213 N8th St (bet Driggs and Roebling)
I'm showing my Asphalt - Skateboards (these are new baby!)

The show is a little disorganized, i don't have a start time, i know it's not my style and it's driving me crazy, i think it's a sign that i need to loosen my grip a little for my 33rd year of life. let's just assume 7:30or8pm is a good time to get there for a bday drink, the art should be in full swing. it is a school night, i can't see it being a late night event.

Supreme Trading is a pretty cool space/place/compound, it's a bar with a gallery connected to it and an outdoor BBQ and smoking zone and i think there's a performance venue attached to it too, although i haven't seen anyone perform there in a while. it's a cool place, and it's my bday.

:)
..graham